Saturday, November 7, 2009

Time flies...

What happened? I look up and it's November. Pryce is 2 months old, Jackson is a little taller and we are moving into week 3 of P90X. I mean seriously. You know you're getting older when everything becomes about plannning. I was talking to one of my best friends this week about getting together. The conversation used to go like this... "What are you doing? Watching the game. I'll be over in 10 minutes". Now it goes like this... "Let's try to get together soon. Well, we have plans every weekend in November. Yeah, then it will be Christmas. What do you have going on in January"? When did this happen? When did we transition to calendars for a weekend of hanging out? It's really funny how priorities change and life goes in a different direction. I've started having those moments that my parents promised would happen, "You'll understand when you're older". Well, I understand. I get it that with all of the bills and the stress and the work that things are inevitably going to change. Thank GOD it's all worth it. I see that life just sort of takes over. Things change or become different and it is all for the better. Sure it sucks to be a "grown-up", but would I want things any other way? Absolutely not. I read the other day that not knowing what the future holds is part of the fun. It's so true. What I do know is that the way time is just flying by I will look up and another year will have past and I will be saying the same thing... What happened? Oh, well. That's life.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Ha now you understand the point I always tried to make..you know the one I said over and over..everytime I said NO !!! and then said you will understand when you get older,well now you are older and you really get it.Now I am older and it really sucks.How things change.Yes it is worth it.I have a wonderful son and he has a wonderful family that I get to be part of.Now I am going to say again you will understand when you get older.You know the Granparent thing.A beautiful time in my life that is really worth it.And I have a daughter in law..how great is that.I love all my babies,all of you.You are my life.Time does fly by so now when I hold little baby Pryce and play with my little man Jackson it takes me back to the days when you were young.Memories that never go away.Yes I also say.What happened ? Well I have lines in my face but I don't call them wrinkles,I call them my roadmap to Heaven.I actually think you grew up before I did.I am catching up with you though.Keep up the good work.I am so very proud of you and your family.Angels on your pillow..nite nite

    ReplyDelete