Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pryce's Debut


Well today is officially the GREATEST DAY EVER!!!! Finally our little girl has made her way into the world. We are surrounded by family and responding to so many well wishes. It has been very special. The most amazing thing of all is to see that little girl make eye contact with you. I wonder so much what she is thinking... "who the heck are you people" or "will you please just let me sleep" or "more pictures please". More than likely coming from Mert and myself it is mostly the latter.

It is AWESOME to see Jackson take on his role as BIG BROTHER. He wants to hold Pryce and kiss on her. For the gals it is "the cutest thing ever". It makes me swell up with pride knowing that Daddy's Duo will always be there for each other.

Here's how it happened... We were all sitting in the living room watching Horton Hears a Who. I was on-line and Mert was reading some rag magazine when suddenly she adjusted her body and BOOM! Meredith alerted me "Uh, baby" I looked over and the excitement set in, "Oh my GOD you're water broke". We frantically began moving about, Mert got in the tub as she continued flowing. I was making calls and gathering our bags. Mimi and Duke arrived just in time to stop Mert from putting on her make-up and insisting that we go to the hospital. Once we got there it was a mad dash to the room where Mert began contracting and it got really intense. Then a Doctor walked in surrounded by a bright light and wings. He held the magic that would change our night forever... THE EPIDURAL!!!! After that things began to settle down and we all just sat around visiting. Grammie had burned up the road and made it here in record time. Mimi was helping Mert get comfortable while Aunt Alie and I sarcastically ate in front of Mert while she could not. LOL!!!! Then in a "matter of fact" kind of way the nurse comes in and does a little checking before announcing "you're a 10". And so it began. It seemed like a flash and before we knew it our little baby Pryce had made her debut and September 12th became the day we will never forget.

3 comments:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL and precious!! I love, love, love the birth story! I could not be happier for you - what a sweet fmaily! Keep the pictures coming! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    Kristin Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cory it's Melissa ( Chalna's crazy friend from high school) She made an announcement on her blog about your blog so I'm here and I like it! Your just as funny through the computer as you are in person! I can't wait to hear all about Miss Pryce! Congrats to both you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I witnessed the most wonderful event in my whole life and that was the birth of my grandchild Miss Pryce Lucille Bowler.She is the most beautiful little girl I have ever laid my eyes on.Watching the expressions on my son and daughter in laws face was something words just can not explain.This little girl is a gift from God and I will thank him every day for blessing us with her.Her big brother Jackson was already a gift from God that I thank everyday for letting me be part of his life.He is going to be the best big brother.He is sooo good with her.I am just blessed to have both of theem.Thank you God for my Son and his family.

    ReplyDelete